Benefits of the Affordable Care Act
Starting January 1st, thanks to the Affordable Care Act, millions of Americans now have health insurance that they didn’t have access to before and the security and peace of mind that comes with it.
I remain committed to the Affordable Care Act which is designed to provide access to health care for all Americans. I believe it is imperative that we provide access to healthcare for the 42 million Americans that are uninsured.
The fact is that millions of American families are already experiencing the benefits and protections of the Affordable Care Act. Please visit the links below to learn more about how individuals, families, and small businesses are benefitting from the Affordable Care Act.
Because of the ACA:
- 897,000 Alabamians will gain expanded mental health and substance use disorder benefits and federal parity protections
- 2,040,000 Children and Adults in Alabama have pre-existing conditions (267,000 Children)
- 653,791 Medicare Enrollees in Alabama received free preventive services in 2012
- 643,000 uninsured Alabamians are now eligible for insurance under the ACA
- 235,000 Alabamians would gain health insurance coverage if the state expands Medicaid
- 1,084,000 privately insured Alabamians have received coverage for one or more free preventive services due to ACA (71,001,000 Americans)