Committees & Caucuses
- Subcommittee on Health
- Subcommittee on Human Resources
- Ranking Member on the Subcommittee on the Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Subcommittee on Technical and Tactical Intelligence (T&T)
Since its establishment in 1971, Members of the Congressional Black Caucus have joined together to empower America’s neglected citizens and to address their legislativeconcerns.For more than 40 years, the CBC has consistently been the voice for people of color and vulnerable communities in Congress and has been committed to utilizing the full Constitutional power, statutory authority, and financial resources of the Government of the United States of America to ensure that everyone in the United States has an opportunity to achieve their version of the American Dream.
The legislative agenda of universal empowerment that Members of the Congressional Black Caucus collectively pursue include but are not limited to: the creation of universal access to a world-class education from birth through post secondary level; the creation of universal access to quality, affordable health care and the elimination of racially based health disparities; the creation of universal access to modern technology, capital and full, fairly-compensated employment; the creation and or expansion of U.S. foreign policy initiatives that will contribute to the survival, health, education and general welfare of all peoples of the world in a manner consistent with universal human dignity, tolerance and respect and such other legislative action as a majority of the entire CBC Membership may support.
The New Democrat Coalition is made up of 68 forward-thinking Democrats who are committed to pro-economic growth, pro-innovation, and fiscally responsible policies. New Democrats are a solutions oriented coalition seeking to bridge the gap between left and right by challenging outmoded partisan approaches to governing. New Democrats believe the challenges ahead are too great for Members of Congress to refuse to cooperate purely out of partisanship.
The goal of the Congressional Voting Rights Caucus is to educate the public on the current voter suppression tactics in place in their home states, districts, and counties, inform constituencies on their rights as voters, and to create and advance legislation that blocks current and future suppressive and discriminatory tactics that deny American citizens the sacred right to vote.
Congresswoman Sewell's Caucus Memberships
- Congressional Army Caucus
- Congressional Arts Caucus
- Congressional Automotive Caucus
- Congressional Black Caucus
- Congressional Caucus on Foster Youth
- Congressional Caucus on Korea
- Congressional Cement Caucus
- Congressional Cybersecurity Caucus
- Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- Congressional House Manufacturing Caucus
- Congressional Kurdish-American Caucus
- Congressional Out of Poverty Caucus
- Congressional Peanut Caucus
- Congressional Rural Healthcare Coalition
- Congressional Rural Veterans Caucus
- Congressional STEAM Caucus
- Congressional TRIO Caucus
- Financial and Economic Literacy Caucus
- House Rural Education Caucus
- Special Operations Forces (SOF) Caucus
- State Medicaid Expansion Caucus (SMEC)