Selma, AL – Today, U.S. Rep. Terri Sewell (AL-07) announced the line-up of employers for her 11th Annual Job Fair which will take place at the Wallace Community College Gymnasium in Selma, Alabama on Thursday, August 4th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. CDT. This year’s event will feature nearly 70 employers from 14 industries. Rep. Sewell’s largest constituent event of the year, the annual job fair connects job-seekers to employers from across Alabama and reflects her commitment to bringing opportunities directly to her constituents.
“We have a phenomenal and diverse group of employers confirmed for this year’s 11th Annual Job Fair which is nearly one week away!” said Rep. Sewell. “My job fair is all about bringing opportunities to our doorstep and empowering people with the tools and resources they need to thrive. I’m so excited to be welcoming these employers to the heart of Alabama’s Black Belt so that my constituents can benefit from the many open positions that are available today. I hope you’ll consider joining us for what is shaping up to be an exciting and successful event!”
This year’s job fair will feature nearly 70 employers from 14 industries. Confirmed employers include:
- Alabama Department of Youth Services
- Alabama Department of Commerce - Workforce Development Division
- Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Alabama Department of Corrections
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Human Resources
- Alabama Department of Labor
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Forestry Commission
- City of Selma
- Talladega Federal Bureau of Prison
- Jefferson County Commission
- Selma Career Center
- State of Alabama Personnel Department
- Advanced EMS
- Cahaba Center for Mental Health
- Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center
- Rural Health Medical Program, Inc.
- Vaughan Regional Medical Center
- Greene County Hospital & Nursing Home
- United States Air Force Reserve
- Alabama National Guard
- United States Marines
- United States Navy
- United States Army
- Alabama Catfish LLC
- Buffalo Rock
- Bush Hog
- Coca Cola United
- G D Copper, USA, Inc.
- Ingalls Shipbuilding
- International Paper
- MRaine Industries LLC
- Globe Metallurgical Inc.
- American Apparel, Inc.
- Austal USA
- The Westervelt Company
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA)
- Mac Sim Butler Montgomery County Detention Facility
- Montgomery Police Department
- Selma Fire Department
- Tuscaloosa Police Department
- BLG Logistics
- Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA)
- Lear Corporation
- Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc.
- American Honda Motor Co, Inc.
- Wallace Community College HR
- Black Belt Community Foundation
- Montgomery Job Corps Center
- Murphy Family Restaurants - McDonald's
- Wind Creek Hospitality Casino and Hotel
- Edmundite Missions
- Legal Services Alabama
- The Wellness Coalition
- Wallace Community College Adult Education
- Averitt Express
- Jay Hill Trucking
- Norfolk Southern Railroad
- Onin Staffing
- AT0Z Staffing
- Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
Each year, Rep. Sewell alternates between hosting her job fair in urban and rural regions to ensure that the unique needs of each community are met. After last year’s successful job fair in Bessemer—which welcomed nearly 500 job seekers and over 50 employers—Sewell will host her 11th Annual Job Fair in her hometown of Selma in the heart of Alabama’s rural Black Belt.
The Job Fair is free and open to the public. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged but not required. On-site registration will be available the day of the event. Constituents can pre-register at this link or on Rep. Sewell’s website at sewell.house.gov. Masks are strongly encouraged while indoors.
Details for 11th Annual Job Fair in Selma
Congresswoman Terri Sewell’s 11th Annual Job Fair
Thursday, August 4, 2022 | 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM CST
Wallace Community College, Selma - Gymnasium
3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway
Selma, AL 36702